[XeTeX] Problems with songs package

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Wed Apr 29 12:20:31 CEST 2009

Am Wed, 29 Apr 2009 11:41:07 +0200 schrieb Sven Siegmund:

> Hi all,
>
> I have problems xelatexing documents with the songs package
> (http://songs.sourceforge.net/)
>
> I am using Windows XP SP3 and MikTeX (XeTeX, Version
> 3.1415926-2.2-0.999.7 (MiKTeX 2.7)), the songs package has installed
> successfully (I have run songs-2.8-setup.exe) and works fine with
> pdflatex.
>
> But when I xelatex instead of pdflatex it, the output is not nice when
> I want to have a landscape format. Here is a minimal sample document
> with a landscape format:

songs and article.cls don't do anything to set the page size. With
pdflatex it is set because songs loads pdftex.def which does the
necessary things.

Either use a (newer) class which has the necessary code, e.g.

\documentclass[a4paper,landscape,pagesize]{scrartcl}

or load geometry (\usepackage{geometry}

or set the pdfpage yourself with

\pdfpagewidth=\paperwidth
\pdfpageheight=\paperheight