[XeTeX] Bad glyph positions with DejaVu Sans Mono and Courier New

Nikos Platis nplatis at freemail.gr
Mon Apr 27 23:07:23 CEST 2009

Well, some time ago I had a similar problem with the monospaced font
Consolas. So I changed the code you provide to use Consolas, and it does
exhibit the problem you mention, glyphs are aligned left instead of
centered.

Apostolos Syropoulos was, back then, kind enough to try my test document
as well, and he demonstrated the problem in this message:
http://tug.org/mailman/htdig/xetex/2009-March/012372.html
(see the attachments at the end)

What I am seeing is that too many monospaced fonts seem to produce the
same problem in XeTeX, while they work correctly in other
applications... This is becoming something that should be investigated
by the XeTeX developers...

Nikos Platis

O/H Tomáš Janoušek έγραψε:

Nikos Platis                                e-mail: nplatis at freemail.gr

"The empires of the future are the empires of the mind." - W. Churchill