[XeTeX] Line-breaking algorithms in XeTeX

Pander pander at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Apr 27 17:19:23 CEST 2009

Fr. Michael Gilmary wrote:
> Pander wrote:
>
>> Here is the script, ....
>
> Thanks for the script, Pander. But, how does one tell what size the font
> is for such an optimal calculation? And what is the text width?

Text width is result of the paper dimensions minus the margins, see the
use of geometry package in the source code

Font size is left unchanged.

> Maybe these are dumb questions (I probably am in the dark) --- but it
> makes me think of what Peter Wilson has in the memoir.cls documentation
> ==> texdoc memman.pdf
> beginning on page 75, calculating xlvchars and lxvchars.
>
> Is this what your script does, too?

Nope, but it could be easily extenden to take this into account to, i.e.
in conjunction with table 2.2 of memoir PDF, with less error for the
values in bold.

Who is interested in implementing this? (Or having this implemed?)

Regards,

Pander