[XeTeX] latin modern questions

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 17:54:32 CEST 2009

On 2009-04-25 20:21:34 +0930, Wybo Dekker
<wybo at servalys.nl> said:

> (I expected that xelatex would automatically find font variants for me,
> which it apparently does not).

It does when the font families are organised in a standard manner; the
Latin Modern fonts, due to their vast number of variations, are
certainly not standard. (For example, usually the small caps glyphs are
contained within the main font and accessed with an OpenType font
feature.)

(However, you should still find that XeTeX "finds" the correct bold and
italic shapes for Latin Modern Roman.)

Cheers,
Will