[XeTeX] toc in Monospaced Lining font

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Sat Apr 25 17:39:30 CEST 2009

Am Sat, 25 Apr 2009 16:26:53 +0200 schrieb Wybo Dekker:

> In a document with Proportional Oldstyle, how can I make the toc use
> Monospaced Lining numbers? The example below does not work:

One part of the problem is polyglossia. It inserts an
\selectlanguage{english} in the toc which switch back to the "normal
font".

You can get around this with

{\addtocontents{toc}{\protect\addfontfeatures{Numbers={Lining,Monospaced}}}
  \tableofcontents
}

But this will not change the font of the page numbers, there the
internal LaTeX command contains the \normalfont command.

If you want the monospace numbers for the pages too, the easiest is
probably to reset the main font:

\setmainfont[SmallCapsFont={Latin Modern Roman
Caps},Numbers={Lining,Monospaced}]{Latin Modern Roman}

\tableofcontents

\setmainfont[SmallCapsFont={Latin Modern Roman Caps}]{Latin Modern
Roman}

Attention: this can also affect the page numbers in the footer. If
your toc gets longer than one page you should use fancyhdr to get an
uniform number look.

--
Ulrike Fischer