[XeTeX] graphic filename in Chinese

Yue Wang yuleopen at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 10:23:46 CEST 2009

Hi

> How can the user control which encoding Windows uses for filenames? Is
> this related to the current regional/language settings of the system,
> I guess?

No. As far as I know changing the regional/language (this way will
also mass up other user programs) will only change the current
environment encoding.
but whatever charpage is used, Windows will convert the filename to
utf-16 for final representation in local file system...

> In any case, what's really needed is for xetex to become aware of this
> and convert the name appropriately before calling fopen().

I think so too. and so should luatex/pdftex. How about leave this task
to kpse implementation?

Yue Wang