[XeTeX] graphic filename in Chinese

Jjgod Jiang gzjjgod at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 17:00:57 CEST 2009

2009/4/23 Yue Wang <yuleopen at gmail.com>:
> On Windows, I already set the encoding to UTF-8.
> The output log is get from TeXWorks. Windows' cmd cannot display that
> (I am using the English version, but I doubt Chinese version cannot
> display that either since Simplified Chinese version Windows use GBK
> for cmd).

Well, on Simplified Chinese version of Windows, the default code page
of a console is CP936 (GBK), but there is a command on Windows called
chcp to set the code page of current console.

However, the native Unicode version Win32 file system functions expect
UTF-16, I suppose there is a problem interfacing these functions with
XeTeX?

- Jiang