[XeTeX] compiling XeTeX for Mac OS X 10.4

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 22 23:14:23 CEST 2009

Hi Mojca,

Sorry I didn't get a chance to look into this yet. At a quick
inspection, it seems to be happening because IOKitLib.h uses "input"
and "output" as parameter names in a number of function declarations,
but web2c (specifically the cpascal.h header) has #define'd these as
macros that expand to stdin and stdout, which in turn have definitions
deep inside stdio.h.... messy.

We may be able to work around this by fiddling with the order of
#include's, or other hackery, but I haven't had time to dig into it.

Another option might be to build using the 10.4 SDK, and see if that
avoids the problem; there have apparently been some changes to how
stdio.h defines these file descriptors, and that's leading to the
conflict.