[XeTeX] Problem with defining BoldFont

Hooman Javidnia hooman.javidnia at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 04:32:20 CEST 2009

Vafa jaan salaam

I got confused about this, because, according to the fontspec manual,
to make the change [BoldFont ={* SemiBold}] should be issued. I had
the impression that "SemiBold" applies to all fonts, but as Jonathan
mentioned, these things are case sensitive. I just wanted to know what
is the proper way of knowing which switch to use when I want to change
an attribute of a font.

When I check the font Hypatia in Mac OS X fontbook, it gives the name
as "HypatiaSansPro-Semibold" whereas when we use the font we use
"Hypatia Sans Pro".

I am very new to the world xetex and I might be asking silly questions.

Cheers,
Hooman