[XeTeX] Xetex doesnt display chinese characters in fonts that should have them

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Sun Apr 19 22:16:40 CEST 2009

> Also note that the character appearing in your text is Japanese, although in this case the Chinese and Japanese characters may be identical.

  This sentence doesn't make sense: it's a character from the Unified
Han block, and it's no more Japanese than it is Chinese.  There are no
languages attached to Unicode characters.  In addition, the character
happens to be used in both languages in this particular case.

> Also, take the \usepackage[T1]{fontenc} out of your latex doc - you want unicode, *not* T1.

  This line seems to be added by LyX, but it would be good to get rid of
it, indeed.  But I guess fontspec cancels its effect by setting the
encoding to EU anyway.

	Arthur