[XeTeX] The apprentice's response

cmiramon at kde-france.org cmiramon at kde-france.org
Sat Apr 18 23:18:30 CEST 2009

Andres Conrado Montoya wrote:

> For those of you who asked, I have no principal interest in the
> mathematics part of LaTeX, but REALLY have interest in the
> unicode/font support in XeLaTeX, because I work for a humanities
> faculty: http://www.humanas.unal.edu.co/cms.php?id=731 (sorry, there
> is pretty much nothing about our projects, I posted them in my blog,
> see my signature. The sites are in spanish, sorry) and have to manage
> greek text, for example. Sometimes arabic, or hebrew.

You might want to try also LyX a frontend to LaTeX. The svn version of LyX
supports XeLaTeX.

With LyX, you have a MsWord-like interface to write and can export to LaTeX
for tuning the final text. It will ease the sometimes steep LaTeX learning
curve.

That is what I use to write my text and I am a medieval historian.

Cheers,
Charles