[XeTeX] longtable without initial par

George N. White III gnwiii at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 15:01:29 CEST 2009

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 9:18 AM, Ulrike Fischer <news3 at nililand.de> wrote:

> Am Fri, 17 Apr 2009 13:59:45 +0200 schrieb Peter Dyballa:
>
>> Am 17.04.2009 um 01:05 schrieb Andy Black:
>>
>>> Maybe MikTex has some kind of a package processor
>>> so that unless it knows about a package, it won't just find it on
>>> the disk??
>>
>> I am glad then that I am no MikTeX user! Could be its documentation
>> has a hint why it stops TeX behaving like TeX.
>
> The reason is the same as on TeXLive or other systems: You have to
> update the filename database first.
>
> Which in miktex means you should call
>  texhash
> or
>  initexmf -u
> or
>  click on the FNDB button in miktex ->settings.

Well, I just used a hacked .sty in MacTeX (e.g., TL2008) by putting it
in the current
directory.  TeX Live's texhash updates the ls-R files in the "system"
directories,
but will search other directories without ls-R files.   You can decide
which directories
require ls-R files in the master configuration.

The I used the same style in MiKTeX 2.7 without running initexmf and
did not get an error.

The OP should provide the canonical minimal example and the actual
error messages.

Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia