[XeTeX] longtable without initial par

Rembrandt Wolpert wolpert at uark.edu
Fri Apr 17 14:53:02 CEST 2009

Andy wrote:

> ...even though it is in the same directory
> with longtable.sty. ...

that would make a texhash necessary. -- And I also would put the file into
texmf-local, wherever it lives on MikTeX (the equivalent to
/usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/); otherwise you loose your mylongtable.sty
when you uptdate your TeX version.

texhash needs root privileges, or does Mickeysoft not require those? (i.e.
sudo texhash on *nix based systems)

as ever,
Rembrandt

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 07:37, Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa at web.de> wrote:

> Am 17.04.2009 um 14:18 schrieb Ulrike Fischer:
>
> > The reason is the same as on TeXLive or other systems: You have to
> > update the filename database first.
>

> The modified STY file is in the same personal area as the TeX file ...
>
> --
> Mit friedvollen Grüßen
>
>   Pete
>
>  "A designer knows he has arrived at perfection not when there is no
> longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take
> away."
>                                – Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

人有不為也而後可有為