[XeTeX] XeTeX and PSTricks

John Was john.was at ntlworld.com
Fri Apr 17 08:35:27 CEST 2009

Dear All

I still have very limited functionality with PSTricks after installing the 2008 distribution of XeTeX (moving text around with \rput seems OK, but line-drawing and rotation, for example, don't work, or work erratically).  My log files seem to indicate that everything is loading OK (see below), including redefinition of some LaTeX commands (which I presume is necessary even though I use 'plain' XeTeX).

However, on the console (not the log file) I get the message " 'gswin32c' is not recognized as an internal or external command", so I suspect that GhostScript is not loading, and if I recall correctly it is needed for XeTeX to work with PSTricks.  Should I simply install GhostScript (any particular version?), and/or do I need to tell TeXLive Manager anything?

Below is the relevant part of the log file, which as I say seems OK and doesn't cause any halt in the processing.

Thanks

John

(c:/Program Files/texlive/2008/texmf-dist/tex/generic/pstricks/pstricks.tex
\@unused=\write0

we are running tex and have to define some LaTeX commands ...
`PSTricks' v1.26  <2008/07/31> (tvz)
\pst at dima=\dimen19
\pst at dimb=\dimen20
\pst at dimc=\dimen21
\pst at dimd=\dimen22
\pst at dimg=\dimen23
\pst at dimh=\dimen24
\pst at hbox=\box16
\pst at boxg=\box17
\pst at cnta=\count27
\pst at cntb=\count28
\pst at cntc=\count29
\pst at cntd=\count30
\pst at cntg=\count31
\pst at cnth=\count32
\pst at toks=\toks18

(c:/Program Files/texlive/2008/texmf-dist/tex/xetex/xetex-pstricks/pstricks.con
(c:/Program Files/texlive/2008/texmf-dist/tex/generic/pstricks/xdvipdfmx.con))
\psunit=\dimen25
\psxunit=\dimen26
\psyunit=\dimen27
\pslinewidth=\dimen28
\pst at customdefs=\toks19
\pslinearc=\dimen29
\everypsbox=\toks20
\psframesep=\dimen30
\pslabelsep=\dimen31
\pst at shift=\dimen32
\theoverlaybox=\box18

(c:/Program Files/texlive/2008/texmf-dist/tex/xetex/xetex-pstricks/pstricks.con
(c:/Program Files/texlive/2008/texmf-dist/tex/generic/pstricks/xdvipdfmx.con
Using PSTricks configuration for XeTeX+xdvipdfmx
)))