[XeTeX] longtable without initial par

Andy Black andy_black at sil.org
Fri Apr 17 01:05:07 CEST 2009

On 4/16/2009 3:29 PM, Peter Dyballa wrote:
> Am 16.04.2009 um 19:56 schrieb Andy Black:
>
> Unfortunately, I'm new enough to TeX that my attempt at creating
> a \newcommand did not work.
>

> Your "command" is more likely an "environment" ...

Ah, yes it is.  Thanks.

> It would be easier to copy the file longtable.sty into the same directory where your TeX file is and give it a name like mylongtable.sty. Then comment the \par (and maybe correct also the TeX code at the beginning). This version you can load as \usepackage{mylongtable}.

I'm using MikTex 2.7 and when I do this, it claims "! LaTeX Error: File
`mylongtable.sty' not found." even though it is in the same directory
with longtable.sty.  Maybe MikTex has some kind of a package processor
so that unless it knows about a package, it won't just find it on the disk??

Sigh.

--Andy