[XeTeX] efficiency of placing different graphics formats?

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Tue Sep 23 20:50:36 CEST 2008

Am 23.09.2008 um 19:51 schrieb William Adams:

> I'm placing PNG files in a project and it seems much slower than
> placing equivalent JPG files

PNG files are compressed a bit more complicated. In graphics
applications or command line tools they really consume some time,
both, when reading and when writing them.

Do you really need – or have – bit-mapped files? PDF, at least, can
save some space.

--
Greetings

   Pete                           <]
              o        __o         |__    o       HPV, the real
     ___o    /I       -\<,         |o \  -\),-%     high speed!