[XeTeX] Merging PDF Documents with Ghostscript

maxwell at umiacs.umd.edu maxwell at umiacs.umd.edu
Mon Sep 22 17:34:14 CEST 2008

Bruno Voisin wrote:
> Another way of merging two PDF files is to use the pdfpages LaTeX
> package.
> The texexec command-line utility may also be your friend. From the
> ConTeXt wiki:
>
> Combine two or more PDF files into one file
> texexec --pdfcombine --nobanner --result=result.pdf 1.pdf 2.pdf

How can you control page numbering with these?  I see in the descriptions
of both these utilities/ packages a lot about how to select pages to be
included, but nothing (at a quick glance) about how page numbering works
in the output.

(Our particular application is to merge a title page produced from
Microsoft Word with a document produced with dblatex and xetex.  The
pagination should start with Roman numeral 'i' on the first dblatex/xetex
page.  Maybe this just works out of the box, but if we have more complex
merges later on, it would be good to know how to change it.  Oh, and if
this is the wrong forum to ask this question on, let me know...)

   Mike Maxwell