[XeTeX] GFS Artemisia fonts

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Sep 11 18:08:00 CEST 2008

Hello!

Today I was looking for a less common font, for something more
private. So I taught my Tiger system the GFS Artemisia fonts. But,
they don't work so easily in XeTeX with fontspec (there also seems to
be a problem with xcolor): the BoldItalic variant calls itself a
member of the GFS Didot family! So with GFS Artemisia it's not so
simple to use it (you will have to declare explicitly the BoldItalic
variant) – and, when both GFS Artemisia and GFS Didot fonts are
active, fontspec might fail to select the BoldItalic variant when GFS
Didot is the main font ...

I reported this to TeX Live and to GFS (Greek Font Society).

--
Greetings

   Pete

These are my principles and if you don't like them... well, I have
others.
				- Groucho Marx