[XeTeX] XeLaTeX, polyglossia, babel, hyperref, fontspec, ...

Ulrike Fischer news2 at nililand.de
Sun Sep 7 14:59:16 CEST 2008

Am Sat, 6 Sep 2008 01:38:42 +0200 schrieb Peter Dyballa:

>> Should I load them before or after babel or hyperref ?
>
> IMO there is no dependency. Xltxtra and fontspec handle font
> selection issues, babel language issues,

There can be a dependency: Some babel languare files set a fontencoding
or define encoding related text commands. E.g. the following (posted
some time ago on the texlive-list) can give an error because of a
missing .fd-file:

 \documentclass{article}
 \usepackage{fontspec}
 \usepackage[italian]{babel}
 \title{Italian}
 \begin{document}
 Italian
 \end{document}

On the whole it is best to load babel early (before xltxtra) to give
fontspec and xunicode the chance to overwrite settings not suited for
xelatex.

--
Ulrike Fischer