[XeTeX] XeLaTeX, polyglossia, babel, hyperref, fontspec, ...

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sat Sep 6 01:38:42 CEST 2008

Am 05.09.2008 um 23:57 schrieb TeXWorld:

> 1/ Can I continue using babel (with french option) without problem or
> should I use polyglossia ?

Yes, you can!

> 2/ I have always been told to load babel and hyperref packages at the
> end of preamble.

Hyperref last is OK – but babel? IMO it comes quite early.

> What about xlxtra and fontspec and polyglossia ?

Xltxtra and fontspec arrange themselves, so you don't need to care.

> Should I load them before or after babel or hyperref ?

IMO there is no dependency. Xltxtra and fontspec handle font
selection issues, babel language issues, and hyperref structural
issues. For the latter to work it's necessary to make sure that's its
"style" (names and variables) do and mean as documented, are not
overwritten. So it's reasonable to load it last.

--
Greetings

   Pete

Think of XML as Lisp for COBOL programmers.
				- Tony-A (some guy on /.)