[XeTeX] polyglossia and biblatex

François Charette firmicus at ankabut.net
Thu Sep 4 14:12:59 CEST 2008

Thomas Bohn a écrit :
> On 4 Sep 2008, at 00:37, Johannes Engel wrote:
>

>> That's because biblatex only checks for the babel version which
>> polyglossia does not define so far. However, I think François is
>> working on that.
>>

> There is a line in the polyglossia.sty which is:
>
> ---
> % This is for compatibility with biblatex and perhaps other pkgs:
> \def\languageshorthands#1{\relax}
> ---
>
> But it doesn't seems to work. :-(

This situation should have improved with the current svn version. Either
fetch polyglossia.sty from the repo or add this in the preamble:

\makeatother
%% This is for compatibility with Babel-aware package:
\cslet{ver at babel.sty}{\@empty} % this "fakes" babel
\def\languageshorthands#1{\relax} %this is for scrlttr2 class
\AtEndPreamble{\let\bbl at set@language\xpg at set@language} %for biblatex
\AtEndPreamble{\let\bbl at main@language\xpg at main@language} %for biblatex
\makeatletter

I hope to release a new version on CTAN in the next few weeks.

FC