[XeTeX] XeTeX Digest, Vol 54, Issue 3

Richard Cobbe cobbe at ccs.neu.edu
Wed Sep 3 20:57:26 CEST 2008

On Wed, Sep 03, 2008 at 08:08:06PM +0200, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> I prefer a "universal" one that is a bit more complicated and supports
> XeLaTeX, pdfLaTeX, and LaTeX (with DVI output). This way it's easier to
> see whether XeLaTeX produces other output than pdfLaTeX and LaTeX.

Do you find this useful for applications other than testing or
experimenting with the various (La)TeX engines?

I ask because my personal needs suggest that I'm not likely to switch back
and forth between xelatex and (pdf)latex on the same project: one's better
at fonts and Unicode, and the other is better at math, afaict.

If this flexibility is useful in other circumstances, I'd love to hear
about it -- and to see an example of your preamble.

Richard