[XeTeX] Floated tables below footnotes

Mike Maxwell maxwell at umiacs.umd.edu
Wed Oct 29 03:42:42 CET 2008

Will Robertson wrote:
> I didn't do much of a search, but comp.text.tex has some old threads
> with a similar question:
> <http://groups.google.com/group/comp.text.tex/browse_frm/thread/b2e9ea3283fdfeed/5503ef650ec43c17?lnk=gst&q=table+below+footnote#5503ef650ec43c17

Bizarre that LaTeX should do this (float a table below a footnote) by
default.  I've never seen that done in published material.  Fortunately,
there is a solution, provided in that thread by Ulrike Fischer:
    \usepackage[bottom]{footmisc}
Thank you!

(BTW, I did try to google this before I posted, but I guess I should
have thought of limiting the search to comp.text.tex.)
--
    Mike Maxwell
    "We signify something too narrow when we say: