[XeTeX] hyperref bookmark problem

Ulrike Fischer news2 at nililand.de
Mon Oct 27 14:53:19 CET 2008

Am Mon, 27 Oct 2008 21:02:07 +0900 schrieb Dohyun Kim:

> 2008/10/27 Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa at web.de>:
>>
>> The Mapping=tex-text option does its job only in the "text body."
>> Hyperref puts a copy of your text aside and handles it itself. Use
>> real – or — characters! Discuss this behaviour also with Heiko
>> Oberdiek (in case Jonathan Kew does not give an explanation or
>> solution)!
>
> Hmm... my explanation was not enough.  Sorry.
>
> The problem is not that `--' is displayed as `-' and `-', which of
> course I can accept.
> The real problem is that characters in bookmark is not encoded correctly.

With the option  "unicode" of hyperref or without?

In the first case: I doubt that the option unicode is meant for engines
with "real" unicode support.

Try either to input the endash directly (–) or use
\texorpdfstring{--}{-} to avoid the problems with unicode chars in the
bookmarks.

--
Ulrike Fischer