[XeTeX] Latin Modern problems

Ulrike Fischer news2 at nililand.de
Mon Oct 27 11:25:09 CET 2008

Am Mon, 27 Oct 2008 11:08:21 +0100 schrieb Freek Dijkstra:

> Hi,
>
> I recently came across the fontspec package, and wanted to use the Latin
> Modern font. However, so far my attempts have resulted in a PDF with
> more-or-less random characters instead of eligible text. Since I'm a
> novice when it comes to the font processing in LaTeX, I can't shake the
> feeling I'm doing something Very Silly.

Your versions of fontspec and euenc looks very old.

I have

fontspec.sty    2008/08/09 v1.18 Advanced font selection for XeLaTeX
  eu1enc.def    2008/03/08 v0.1d Experimental unicode font encoding
  eu1lmr.fd    2007/01/14 v1.3 Font defs for Latin Modern

Also make sure that you have the newest version of the latin modern
fonts.

Btw: It is enough to load xltxtra, it will load fontspec and xunicode.

--
Ulrike Fischer