[XeTeX] pre-loading fonts in the format?

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Sat Oct 25 22:00:39 CEST 2008

Peter Dyballa a écrit :
> Am 25.10.2008 um 21:25 schrieb Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard:
>
>> is it possible to preload a set of fonts in a format file, so that
>> they
>> are loaded faster in the document?
>
> Not in XeTeX

That's what I just experimented:

! Can't \dump a format with native fonts or font-mappings.

Too bad. For some reason fonts such as Minion Pro takes as much as 6 or
7 seconds to load on my computer. It's pretty annoying when you are
fixing last-minute details and need to recompile a lot.

> create a MACH micro kernel that also has a XeTeX service ...

You mean Linux kernel module, right? ;-)

Manuel.