[XeTeX] math fonts matching Minion / Myriad Pro

baptiste auguie ba208 at exeter.ac.uk
Sat Oct 25 13:33:03 CEST 2008

Hi, thanks for the suggestions.

Minion Math does look great, i'm looking forward to its release.
In the meantime, I'm looking for any other option to Computer Modern.
The package Euler seems to work for me, however I would like to try
fourier and mathpple (I assume that's what was meant by "Palatino"?).
Is it possible to get these to work with XeTeX?

Asana looks promising, but again I'm not clear how/whether it is
possible to use them in XeTeX.

Many thanks,

baptiste

On 24 Oct 2008, at 15:34, Mohamed Bana wrote:

> I'm personally waiting for the Minion Math font.
>
> Have you tried Palatino?
>
> baptiste auguie wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>

>> I'd like some advice on the use of math fonts with XeLaTeX. I wish to
>> use either of the two following configurations for the main text, and
>> the default Computer Modern font in the equations seems too light in
>> comparison,
>>
>> \documentclass{article}
>>
>> \usepackage{fontspec,xltxtra,xunicode}
>> \defaultfontfeatures{Mapping=tex-text}
>>
>>      \renewcommand{\rmdefault}{Minion Pro}
>>      \setromanfont[Mapping=tex-text]{Minion Pro}
>>      \setsansfont[Scale=MatchLowercase]{Myriad Pro}
>>      \setmonofont[Scale=MatchLowercase]{Andale Mono}
>>
>> \begin{document}
>> some text $some maths$. Latin: $abcd$. Greek: $\alpha\beta\Gamma
>> \Delta
>> $. Operators: $2\times3\circ5$.
>> \end{document}
>>
>> or
>>
>> \documentclass{article}
>>
>> \usepackage{fontspec,xltxtra,xunicode}
>> \defaultfontfeatures{Mapping=tex-text}
>>
>> \setromanfont[Mapping=tex-text]{Hoefler Text}
>>      \setsansfont[Scale=MatchLowercase]{Helvetica}
>>      \setmonofont[Scale=MatchLowercase]{Andale Mono}
>> \begin{document}
>> some text $some maths$. Latin: $abcd$. Greek: $\alpha\beta\Gamma
>> \Delta
>> $. Operators: $2\times3\circ5$.
>> \end{document}
>>

>> Could someone help me choose a font that would be a good match with
>> these for the mathematics? I'm not quite sure what are the free
>> options, and what commands to use.
>> I've seen mention of the MnSymbol package, or the Asana-math fonts,
>> but I couldn't understand how to use them with XeLaTeX.
>>

>> Many thanks,
>>
>> Baptiste

Baptiste Auguié

School of Physics