[XeTeX] Ledpar package problem

Arash Zeini azeini at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 22 01:53:45 CEST 2008

----- Original Message ----

Thanks for the clarification, Jonathan. While I use babel for my own work and don't have any problems with it, for some reason I thought that polyglossia was the way to go.

>    \tolerance=5000 % allow looser spacing
>    \hyphenpenalty=2000 % discourage excessive use of hyphenation
>
> after \begin{document}. There will be some underfull boxes, but with
> word lengths and column widths as in this sample, that's hardly
> surprising.

As for the word lengths and column widths, I personally think it would make more sense to use the parallel page feature of ledpar rather than the column feature.
Karol, if you want to try this out, just replace

\begin{pairs}
\Columns
\end{pairs}

with