[XeTeX] Fonts with unusual (non-1000) upm sizes

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Thu Oct 16 20:17:49 CEST 2008

> Has notice or progress been made on xdvipdfmx output troubles when using
> XeTeX and fonts with unusual (non-1000) upm sizes?

  Coincidentally, yes, just this afternoon (*before* reading your
e-mail, so I "discovered" it independently ;-)

  Adobe Arabic (the version that ships with Adobe Font Folio 11) has an
units per em of 2048, and is handled in a very strange way, see
attachment.  It seems that the glyphs are scaled by twice their size --
or perhaps 2.048 times their size -- while their advance width remains
the same.

	ARthur