[XeTeX] Modifying the XeTeX engine

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Tue Oct 14 18:45:16 CEST 2008

A slightly off-topic, I was wondering about the possibility to merge
multi-directional typesetting support from Aleph (or possibly from
LuaTeX since it fixes many bugs) into XeTeX instead of the current
not-so-powerful bidirectional code of TeX--XeT.

I know almost nothing about "TeX the program" programming and how
difficult is this, but it'd certainly make XeTeX a viable solution for
real world Arabic typesetting than it is now.

--
 Khaled Hosny
 Arabic localizer and member of Arabeyes.org team