[XeTeX] GID-only

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Thu Oct 9 13:12:27 CEST 2008

On Oct 8, 2008, at 9:10 PM, Adam Twardoch wrote:

> Swash letters should not be accessible through the "salt" OpenType
> Layout feature, but through the "swsh" (Swash) feature, which is
> dedicated specifically for them.

Okay.

> And yes, the swash letters in Garamond Premier Pro Italic are
> acessible
> through the "swsh" OpenType Layout feature, so there is no need to
> file
> anything with Adobe. Just use the feature in XeTeX as you would with
> any
> other OpenType Layout feature.

What about ornaments? (which was how I misread the post)

It seems to me that they're not accessible in XeTeX if memory serves.

I didn't manage to do it for Adobe Jenson Pro for a recent project ---
if it can be done, what's the magic incantation?

William

--
William Adams
senior graphic designer