[XeTeX] Quotation mark problems

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Oct 8 16:01:47 CEST 2008

On Oct 8, 2008, at 8:31 AM, Tobi Kellner wrote:

> Hello,
>
> apologies for a very trivial question... but I can't get the quotes
> to work.
>
> When I have ``Hello'' in my Latex code (two single ` quotes in the
> beginning, and two single ' quotes in the end) then my Xetex output
> is exactly that (and looks rather stupid) rather than some beautiful
> begiining and end quotation marks.
>
> All help & hints appreciated!
>
> Thank you,
>
> Tobi

Howdy,

Use the command

\defaultfontfeatures{Mapping=tex-text}

to apply it to all font definitions. You may not want to apply it to
the monospace font in which case you can apply it to fonts
individually, e.g.,

\setromanfont[Mapping=tex-text]{Minion Pro}

for the roman font.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)