[XeTeX] Polyglossia+KOMA: Wrong font for localized chapter names

François Charette firmicus at ankabut.net
Tue Oct 7 21:19:02 CEST 2008

Ulrike Fischer a écrit :
> I would say that this is a design flaw in polyglossia. Font switches
> should be done when you switch languages and not in the fixed names.

It is a flaw indeed ;)

> I would copy the definition of \captionsenglish and remove the
> \textenglish commands.

The \text<lang>{} wrappers in the caption definitions were taken over
from antomega, but I neglected to remove them in most cases. This will
be done in the next version.

> Btw: Another problem is that polyglossia resets the font to \normalfont
> even when the script doesn't need a change:
>
> \documentclass[paper=a4,11pt,]{scrreprt}
>
> \usepackage{xltxtra}
> \usepackage{polyglossia}
> \setdefaultlanguage{english}
> \setotherlanguage{german}
> \begin{document}
>
> \sffamily\Huge abc
> \selectlanguage{german}
> abc
>
> \selectlanguage{english}
> abc
>
> \end{document}

I am aware of that too, but it is useful that you remind me! Resetting
to \normalfont is needed when one uses multiple scripts. I certainly
need to find a more elegant solution...