[XeTeX] Can not Set Italic maths characters in plain XeTeX

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 14:49:01 CEST 2008

On 07/10/2008, at 9:49 PM, VAFA KHALIGHI wrote:

> I studied Mr.Kew's article at EuroBachoTeX 2007, where as a part of
> article he explained how to set Camria Math as the unicode maths
> characters, I think I did the same but somehow letters like $xy$
> just appear in roman format. I have attached my file here.

The problem is that Jonathan assumed the use of a "math-italic" font
mapping:
   \font\4="Cambria Math:script=math;mapping=math-italic" at 10pt

You can get equivalent files from "maths-font-mappings.dtx" here:
   <http://scripts.sil.org/svn-public/xetex/TRUNK/texmf/source/xelatex/unicode-math/

They're not really supported, but they might help...

Cheers,
Will