[XeTeX] Introduction to list

Joseph Wright joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk
Sun Oct 5 10:23:49 CEST 2008

Alan Cockerill wrote:

> Can anyone advise me on the best way for a beginner to set up XETEX in a
> Windows XP environment? I do not currently have access to a Mac. I would
> prefer to work with a graphical interface or easy text editor if one is
> available, but am prepared to learn how to use code if that is the best way
> to go. Would Eclipse or some other program be worth looking at?

For TeX itself, MiKTeX is the usual on Windows: XeTeX works out of the
box with the latest version.  For editing, I'd suggest trying TeXworks,
even though it is formally in beta.  It looks like the best editor for
general document writing, particularly with documents that require XeTeX.
--
Joseph Wright