[XeTeX] Turning Arabic ligature OFF

VAFA KHALIGHI vafa.khalighi at students.mq.edu.au
Tue Nov 25 10:00:17 CET 2008

>This indicates (I think) that the zero-width joiner character is not
>supported in the font you are using, and therefore gets replaced by
>the font's ".notdef" glyph, which you are seeing as a large space.

I believe this has to do with the keyboard he uses, I have seen lots
of users complaining about this, but this really is a problem of their
keyboard, if you are on linux and mac, SHIFT+Space is ZWNJ but
microsoft windows Arabic and Farsi Keyboard
is not a standard Arabic and Farsi keyboard, and we always encourage
people to use a standard keyborad that Farsi-Web people have provided
in which SHIFT+B is ZWNJ.

Probably there should be a standard Arabic keyboard as well.

--
``Life is not empty,
There is kindness, there is apple and there is faith

One day will come,
and to a mendicant I will endow a jasmine''

-- Sohrab Sepehri