[XeTeX] Charis SIL glyph variants

Adam Twardoch list.adam at twardoch.com
Sat Nov 22 14:38:15 CET 2008

Benct Philip Jonsson wrote:
> A free Times clone with good Unicode Latin, IPA,
> Greek and Cyrillic coverage not only in medium roman
> would be most welcome in many quarters.

I recommend taking a look at the links:
http://delicious.com/adamtwar/gratis+times+opentype+font
especially SIL Doulos, TeX Gyre Termes and the GNU FreeSerif fonts. They
all are Times clones, all have different character sets, partially
overlapping, though, and the design quality of the single glyphs from
those fonts differ significantly.

Regards,
Adam

--

Adam Twardoch
| Language Typography Unicode Fonts OpenType
| twardoch.com | silesian.com | fontlab.net

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or
insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
(Hunter S. Thompson)