[XeTeX] converting Chinese traditional characters to simplified

Daniel Greenhoe dgreenhoe at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 20 13:10:10 CET 2008

I know this may not really be the right forum to be asking this question, but...

I have a book typeset using XeLaTeX with input files encoded in UTF8 (with BOM). The book consists of characters from the Latin alphabet (abc...) together with traditional Chinese characters.

I would like a command line utility for a Windows system that converts the traditional Chinese characters (used for example in Taiwan) in the UTF8 encoded files to simplified Chinese characters (such as used in mainland China).

Can anyone recommend such a utility for a Windows XP platform?

A somewhat dated version of the book is at:
  https://www.youpublish.com/files/13020
  http://banyan.cm.nctu.edu.tw/~dgreenhoe/lmc/index.html

Many thanks in advance,
Dan