[XeTeX] Charis SIL glyph variants

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 12:42:59 CET 2008

On 18/11/2008, at 10:03 PM, Jonathan Kew wrote:

> I'm not sure if fontspec has support for specifying the Graphite
> rendering option.... Will, are you listening?

I am, and I have been :)
Unfortunately, it does not.
I really should get around to doing that.

Am I mistaken in believing that Graphite features don't have
"standard" interfaces? That is, if I want to access small caps, it's
possible that different fonts might use different feature strings?

>> Do I have to use TeX rather than LaTeX font definition
>> commands?  I have nothing against it, I just want to know.
>
> If fontspec supports the Graphite option, then you could use its
> RawFeature option to pass the custom feature names to the font (see
> the fontspec manual).

I'll see what I can do...

Will