[XeTeX] fontspec – only XeTeX?

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 23:55:12 CET 2008

On 18/11/2008, at 9:07 AM, Arthur Reutenauer wrote:

>  If something like a LuaTeX "port" of fontspec is ever written, and I
> sure hope it will be some day, one can only hope that the author(s)
> will
> try do give it an interface similar to the original fontspec's, but I
> doubt it can be made 100% compatible.

After I finish my PhD I'd like to work on a LuaTeX version of
fontspec, as well as a "v2.0" for XeTeX itself. Maybe sometime next
year, depending how I'm able to spend my time after the thesis is all
done.

(I'm not 100% convinced that everyone shouldn't eventually just start
using ConTeXt Mk IV, but I've not had any time to evaluate it, to be
honest.)

Cheers,
Will