[XeTeX] Hebrew inside fancyvrb environment

Kirk Lowery empirical.humanist at gmail.com
Sun Nov 9 23:01:44 CET 2008

I am using the fancyvrb package and I want to have some utf-8 Hebrew
script in one of their environments. Here is an example of what I want
to do (but of course doesn't work):

\begin{SaveVerbatim}{wordAttributes}
<W parent="id18" id="id19" morphId="ru1:1,3.1"
   cat="verb" utf8="{\sbl שְׁפֹ֣ט}"
   michigan="$:PO74+" utf8Lemma="{\sbl שׁפט}"
   lemma="$P+" strongs="8199" morph="vqc"
   gloss="to judge"/>
\end{SaveVerbatim}

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit.

\UseVerbatim{wordAttributes}

I've attached a minimal TeX file and the resulting pdf.

Could someone point me in the direction of a solution?

TIA!

Kirk