[XeTeX] xelatex math problem with sqrt

VAFA KHALIGHI vafa.khalighi at students.mq.edu.au
Thu May 29 14:06:19 CEST 2008

MiKTeX has this problem time to time. Using MiKTeX has some disadvantages
and that is why I said goodbye to MiKTeX and windows. As Donald Knuth said
in his recent interview with informit: `` I trust my family jewels only to
Linux''

The solution in my opinion is switching to linux.

> I tried your code on Ubuntu 8.04 with xelatex(0.998.5-dev), the
> display is correct.
>

>Thanks for checking. It is also correct with both 0.998.3 and 0.999.0
>on Mac OS X.

>Therefore, this looks like a problem with the MikTeX build, and
>should be reported there.

>JK

> On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 7:17 PM, Mehdi Omidali <mehdioa at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I compiled the following lines with xelatex(0.998.3) on miktex 2.7
>> and got a
>> mistake in displaying radical symbol:
>>
>> \documentclass{article}
>> \begin{document}
>> $$\sqrt{x_1^2+x_2^2\ldots+x_n^2}$$
>> \end{document}
>>
>> The output is here http://www.omidali.com/sample.pdf
>> Any comment is welcome

> --
> Regards,
> Mi

"I hope to die ___ _____
before I *have* to use Microsoft Word.", 0--,| /OOOOOOO\
Donald E. Knuth, 02-Oct-2001 in Tuebingen. <_/ / /OOOOOOOOOOO\
\ \/OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO\
\ OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO|//
Vafa Khalighi \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
// / \\ \