[XeTeX] Problem building XeTeX on Ubuntu 8.04

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Sun May 25 14:31:43 CEST 2008

On 25 May 2008, at 1:16 pm, Mi CHEN wrote:

> I'm using openSUSE and I successfully build and install xetex, but
> xelatex failed sometimes because of Segmentation Fault if I'm a normal
> user and everything is OK if I'm root:(
>
> I cannot find a dump file, so I don't know what really happened.

Sorry, there's not enough detail here to try and diagnose what's
going wrong. If you have a xelatex job that fails with segfault,
could you try running this under gdb and get a backtrace to show
where it's crashing?

Another thing to do is to run "xelatex -no-pdf" first to generate
an .xdv file, then xdvipdfmx to convert to PDF; that way you can find
out which of the processes is failing.