[XeTeX] overriding \addfontfeatures

Flavio Costa flaviocosta at yahoo.com.br
Sat May 24 00:13:47 CEST 2008

Hello,

The code attached shows a situation I couldn't find a solution for:

{tabular} environment is redefined to automatically use \addfontfeatures to get Lining and Monospaced numbers. Table rows will be numbered and I expect the line number to be OldStyle, since they will be \ref{}erred in the text. The dummy macro \linecounter uses \addfontfeatures for this, but the internal Numbers=OldStyle does not overrides the more external Numbers={Lining,Monospaced}.

I think \defaultfontfeatures is not the solution, since it is not restricted to a scope like \addfontfeatures is. Is there any elegant way of getting the desired effect?

Thanks again,

Flavio Costa

http://br.mail.yahoo.com/