[XeTeX] XeTeX on Mac with OS X.5.1

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Fri May 23 14:56:41 CEST 2008

On 23 May 2008, at 1:19 am, John William Nemec wrote:

> Dear XeTeX Users,
>
> I recently bought a new Macintosh (MacBook Pro) with the newest
> operating
> system, and I am having trouble getting XeTeX to compile some of my
> documents.  When I try to compile documents with multiple strata of
> footnotes (for a critical edition), I regularly receive the
> following error:
>
> !LaTeX Error: \do at actions@fixedcode undefined.
>
> and
>
> l.111 \renewcommand*{\do at actions@fixedcode}
>                                   {%
>
> I installed TeXShop 1.35 on the old Mac, using the directions found on
> Jonathan Kew's website, and it worked without a problem.  On the new
> computer, neither TexShop 1.35e nor 1.43 nor 2.14 work.  Can anyone
> help,
> please?

Just wondering how you installed TeX, etc., on the new machine. I'd
suggest using the MacTeX package; that's probably the simplest way to
get a complete system that should include everything you need.

I very much doubt that the OS version is relevant; more likely, you
have different versions of some of the LaTeX packages. Comparing the
log files from a successful run on your old machine and an attempt to
process the same document on the new system might help to identify
the difference.