[XeTeX] upgrading Latin Modern fonts

Alex Hamann Alexander.Hamann at stud-mail.uni-wuerzburg.de
Thu May 22 14:32:09 CEST 2008

There has been a couple of times where updated versions of Latin
Modern fonts have been mentioned on this list. Indeed, the relevant
archive on ctan is from early this year. I was wondering how
important this update is, which would be the best way to install it
and what benefits I can expect from this update.
  IIRC the lm fonts come with the tex distribution, right? Did gwtex
or mactex also install the lm fonts I see in my  font book.app and is
the latter linked to fonts installed inside the tex trees?
TIA,

Alex