[XeTeX] Footnote mark not superscript

Kirk Lowery empirical.humanist at gmail.com
Wed May 14 00:28:52 CEST 2008

I'm getting a fontspec warning that I don't understand completely.

I'm using xelatex + memoir and the Palatino Linotype font. The
footnote mark in the text is correct, but in the footnote it is not
superscript, which is the memoir default. I get several warnings like
this:

Package fontspec Warning: OpenType feature 'Numbers=Uppercase' (+lnum) not avai
lable in font "Palatino Linotype Italic/ICU", script 'Latin', language
'Default' on input line 7.

and then:

Package fontspec Warning: OpenType feature 'Numbers=Uppercase' (+lnum) not avai
lable in font "Palatino Linotype/ICU" at 8.0pt, script 'Latin',
language 'Default' on input line 10.

Does this mean that this font doesn't have a superscript for footnote
sizes? It does on the main text.

What can I do to correct the problem?

I've attached a minimal example, with the output pdf.

Thanks!

Kirk