[XeTeX] landscape mode with XeLaTeX

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon May 12 20:23:03 CEST 2008

Am 12.05.2008 um 11:43 schrieb Bruno Voisin:

> xelatex -output-driver="xdvipdfmx -p a4 -l" filename
>
> or even better (given the -q and -E options are also used by default,
> on the Mac at least)
>
> xelatex -output-driver="xdvipdfmx -q -E -p a4 -l" filename
>
> That said, there are also the primitives \pdfpageheight and
> \pdfpagewidth which can be used in the XeLaTeX input file. Hence,
>
> \setlength{\pdfpageheight}{210mm}
> \setlength{\pdfpagewidth} {297mm}
>
> might do the trick as well, I've never tried.

When the paper size is *not* different from TeX's default setting,
then it can be left away – except for (dumb) xdv2pdf, which needs in
any case the size value that a :landscape can be attached to.

Instead of setting PDF variables it is recommended to use the
geometry package. It also adjusts some other dimensions accordingly.

In any case *two* things need to be done: telling TeX and telling the
output driver the deviations.

--
Greetings

   Pete

A lot of people mistake a short memory for a clear conscience.
				– Doug Larson