[XeTeX] PSTricks and XeTeX in MiKTeX2.7

Ulrike Fischer news2 at nililand.de
Mon May 5 18:59:45 CEST 2008

Am Tue, 6 May 2008 00:10:19 +1000 schrieb VAFA KHALIGHI:

> Has anyone been able to use pstrick in XeTeX in MiKTeX 2.7?
> If the answers is yes, then can you please state the instructions that you
> used to do it?
>
> I already looked at Smiyata's stuffs about using PSTricks in XeTeX. I was
> able to use it under TeXLiVe. but for some unknown reasons I can not use
> PStricks under MiKTeX.

I cannot use pstricks too. As far as I can see xdvipdfmx tries to
convert on the fly the pspicture to a pdf but fails. I don't know if it
is a miktex or a xdvipdfmx problem but I do have the impression that the
problem is either that the filename first in the error message has no
backslashs or that the number used in the name is one down to the one
used in the mgs-command.

[1Error: /undefinedfilename in --run--
Operand stack:
   (C:DOKUME~1UFLOKALE~1Tempmik373.tmp)

** WARNING ** Filtering file via command -->mgs.exe .....
-sOutputFile="C:\DOKUME~1\UF\LOKALE~1\Temp\mik375.tmp"
"C:\DOKUME~1\UF\LOKALE~1\Temp\mik374.tmp" -c quit<-- failed.

--
Ulrike Fischer