[XeTeX] Probleme with font Scheherazade and XeTeX 0.998.1

Ulrike Fischer news2 at nililand.de
Mon May 5 12:26:20 CEST 2008

Am Mon, 5 May 2008 11:00:10 +0100 schrieb HAF MED:

> Here my log file ; there is a line (warning) indicate that :
>
> Font "Scheherazade/ICU"does not contain script 'Arabic'

> not that the laste package that I update in MikTeX 2.7 is :
> miktex-latex-config

I doubt that a miktex update of this configuration file can affect a
font. It could affect hyphenation.

I tried with the miktex (everything updated today, the font was
installed in the last week) the following and didn't get your message.

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{fontspec}
\setmainfont[Script=Arabic,Scale=1,WordSpace=1]{Scheherazade}

\begin{document}
\char"0601\char"0602
\end{document}

You should probably look if you have another version of your font lying
around. Run

xelatex --output-driver="xdvipdfmx -vv" file

This should tell you which font file is used.

Btw: You should define \arabicfont *before* you load the arabxetex
package.

--
Ulrike Fischer